Maui Jim's are the cream of the crop when it comes to prescription sunglasses and for durable shades for all you active cats who love sports. Their shades are extremely comfortable and they make their own lenses which offer the best quality of polarization for both optical and regular lenses.
The company was started in 1980 on the beaches of Lahaina, Hawaii. The brand's aim was to fill the need for technology that could combat intense glare and the harmful effect of UV rays while still retaining the contrast needed to see the beautiful Hawaii landscape in all it's brilliance.
THE POLARIZED PLUS LENS:
Maui Jim engineered the PolarizedPlus lens which has revolutionized the optical industry and the technology used to create sunglass lenses. The lenses are optically correct and distortion-free featuring patented lens technology or rare earth elements to infuse your world with color. With a wide field of view, outstanding acuity from edge to edge and a digital lens surfacing which ensures optical perfection, these are the best sunglass lenses on the market.
- 100% UV blockage
- Blue light and infrared effective
- Polarized - eliminates glare from flat, shiny or smooth surfaces
- Bi-Gradient Mirroring - protects against glare from above and below
- Anti-Reflective Treatment - blocks reflected light and glare which eliminates eye fatigue
- Water-Proof and Oleophobic Coating - water-proof and repels grease so that smudges and finger prints are easier to remove
- Clearshell Scratch-Resistant Coating - for added durability
Hamoa Beach - Matte Black
WHAT'S THE BEST LENS FOR YOU?
For the lighting conditions:
- Neutral Grey - highest available light reduction for bright sunlight
- HCL Bronze - excellent contrast for everyday variable conditions
- Maui Rose - highest contrast available for everyday variable conditions
- Maui HT - high transmission for times when most lenses would be too dark; more contrast and color for early morning, late afternoon and foggy days
For the action:
- Maui Evolution - extremely light-weight, scratch and impact resistant, high-performance optics
- Polycarbonate - lightest choice for long days in the sun
- Super Thin (ST) Glass - when clarity is the priority, 20% thinner than standard laminated glass lenses for long-wearing comfort